Just like on-page SEO, off-page SEO can have different meanings to different SEO Consultants and web designers. The goal of off-page SEO is to build an online reputation and authority via mentions, references, and inbound links. The objective is to create appealing content and get the world to love it. If you can accomplish this goal, then off-page SEO and link building will become easy.
So what if you can’t create engaging content? What if your blog lacks the shine it needs to find a Billion loyal fans and followers? You crawl, and then walk, then you run and finally you seek help from an SEO expert who can teach you how to write good content, distribute that content, and make sure the world and search engines know you exist.
Sample Off-Page SEO Tactics
- Optimize Social Media and Community Activities
- Augment Blogging to Maximize Reach and Inbound Links
- Manage Directory Submissions
- Optimize Social Bookmarking
- Obtain Quality and Targeted Inbound Links
- Local Search Listing Submissions and Optimization
- Press Release Copy, Optimization, and Distribution
- Pursue and/or Write Guest Article or Blogging Opportunities
Off-page SEO is another way of reaching out to the world and connecting. It means building high quality links that include good anchor text pointed at various parts of your website and originating from a variety of trusted sources.